Monday, February 1, 2010

What do I do?

I can remember talking to an old friend right after I had Amy, Amber was 19 months old, and I had just left work to become a stay-at-home mom. My friend said to me, "Aren't you going to be bored?" At that time, if I wasn't changing diapers on one or both girls at the same time, I was feeding one or both girls at the same time, or trying to get them down for a nap. Boredom never was a problem...TRUST ME!

As the girls have now gotten a little older and are not as needy as they once were, I have branched out to do some other things "to keep me from getting bored". HA HA!!!

So here is a rundown of what I do to keep me from boredom:
  • Part-time teacher at Gymboree Play and Music - Wednesday Evenings and Saturday Mornings
  • Girls Scout Daisy Leader - 1st and 3rd Monday Evenings, also neighborhood meetings once per month
  • Bible Study Fellowship - Tuesday Mornings
  • Bible Study Fellowship Children's Program Volunteer - 2 Tuesdays each month
  • MOPS - 1st and 3rd Friday mornings
  • MOPS Steering Team Member - Meetings once a month in the evenings
  • Room Parent
  • Subdivision Trustee
  • Driver - Amber to school and back everyday, Amy to and from school on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays, Amy to gymnastics on Thursdays, Amber to dance on Tuesday evenings

I think that is all. Believe it or not I really do love everything that I do, OK maybe with the exception of being a subdivision trustee. But that is just because I have to listen to adults complain and not just kids...HA!

The question that I have been pondering to myself is: What am I going to do next year when Amy is in school full-time as well? As you can see, I really don't have time to work. LOL I will just spend a lot of time praying over it and see where God's plan leads me. No matter where it is, I am sure I will not be BORED!

1 comment:

  1. i am sure you won't be bored either.:) you are so busy! i guess i am too, but when you put it on paper like that it looks like so much! you do lots of neat things...very cool.

    ReplyDelete