Thursday, January 14, 2010

Alarm Clocks

I really dislike alarm clocks...I love days when I don't have to use mine...like summer and days off of school. I bought Dave a new alarm clock a couple of years ago.

It is a very cool clock. It tells the temperature outside, inside and the humidity inside. (It even attempts to forecast whether or not it is going to rain the next day or not, but that part is not very predictable.)

When Dave got that alarm clock we passed "his" old one (which was his Grandpa's before that) to Amber. Amber loved it. We didn't really set the alarm, for her, but we could tell her stay in your room until your clock says 8:00. (I like to sleep in.) My Amber is very much a rule follower and would never come out until 8:00.

So now that she is going to school, she requested a new alarm clock for her room.

Grandma and Grandpa bought her one for Christmas. Talk about a cool clock! The only problem is she totally sleeps through the alarm. Her alarm wakes me up in my room and I will go in 15 minutes later and she will still be sound asleep. That's OK though because I can get a couple of snuggles out of her while she is still half asleep.

What happened to Grandpa's clock?

It is in Amy's room now. Too bad it never has the right time, she likes to press the buttons...

2 comments:

  1. Ha! It must just be their age. I was tired of Kanin coming in to wake me up at 6:15, 6:30, 5:30, etc when we don't HAVE to get up until 7:30 for school so I bought him an alarm clock for Christmas, too. I told him not to get out of bed until it says at least 7:00. It is a cool Batman clock that will shine the Batman symbol on the wall either when you hit this button or hit snooze. What I didn't know is that the alarm plays, "We Wish You A Merry Christmas". I can just imagine waking up to that in May. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so funny! we've not done the alarm clock thing yet b/c i'm not ready...& i think they'd sleep through it, too.:) that is a super cool clock she got!!

    ReplyDelete