Saturday, January 9, 2010

Presents

I thought I would do a post about all the presents that were hot for the girls to have this year for Christmas, as well as the ones we made and those in which we are most thankful.

Our holiday break began with 2 of my sisters-in-law, and nieces and I feverishly putting together scrapbook of our summer vacation for my mother and father-in-law. We spent a week in a beach house this past July as a 50th wedding anniversary celebration for them. The scrapbook was a huge hit. It turned out wonderful and really brought some memories back. My mother and father-in-law also received a flag that was flown over the Capital in Washington D.C. on October 31, 2009, the day of their actual 50th wedding anniversary. Awesome gift.


My mother-in-law must have been EXTREMELY busy over the last year. She made these "no-sew" blankets for EVERYONE. I watched at least 12 of them be opened and I know she made at least 2 others beyond that. I cannot imagine how she did all that. I have a made a few for charity though my MOPS Group and I thought that my hands were going to fall off after cutting and tying 1-2 blankets with help!



Onto a few of the gifts that made the list at our house. Amy's Christmas list went on and on...every time a new commercial came on all I would here is "I want that". Thankfully that has stopped since the holidays are over. Her big items were, a Nintendo DS and a "2-wheeled scooter". These were also the two big items that Amber got for her birthday in October...I am a bit afraid of the pattern this might be turning into.
Amber's bigger gifts included Mario Kart for her DS and roller skates. She loved playing her cousins MarioKart over the summer so now she and Amy can play together. HA HA!! Playing together is usually not the problem, it is playing together without and argument developing.

Wish I could say that my children are not spoiled rotten, but unfortunately they are. I prefer to call them "extremely loved".

2 comments:

  1. how fun is that??? i love the roller skate idea...we'll have to consider that for this next year...good idea! what a fun christmas...i love spoiling the children! it's so fun, huh?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    Could you share with me how to do the blankets? I've heard it is really easy but I still don't know what I am doing.

    ReplyDelete