Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Courage from behind the glass

Anyone that knows Amber and Amy also know that they are terrified of pets. Not just dogs, but cats, birds, turtles, you name it they are literally terrified. Like that running to me, holding on for dear life and whimpering kind of afraid.
Last week, Amy did not want to go to a store that I wanted to see. So, I bribed her, like any good mom does, right? I told her that we could go in the pet store, right next store if she went in this other store with me. I used that really excited mom voice that you get when you are trying to talk your kids into liking something. She agreed and we spent at least 45 minutes in the pet store before she was ready to go. She liked it so much that she has been BEGGING for me to take her to the pet store again ever since.
She has been begging so much that Amber started in on it as well. So, since Amber was off school today, I took them both. I am not kidding that we spent no less than an hour in this store.
It is so funny to see them interact with these animals the way they do, with all the courage they have, from behind the glass.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, maybe they conquered their fears! If I were you,though, I would be grateful that they aren't actually begging for a pet. It's like having another infant. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad to know my kids are not the only terrified kids on the planet! i know EXACTLY what you're talking about. my kids cling on for dear life & scream super loud when a dog is near. maybe i should try the pet store one of these days.

    ReplyDelete